Greetings from Nairobi :)
Today was a very adventurous day to say the least. We had the opportunity to cross quite a few things off our bucket list, including things we never thought we would want to do... That's right everyone, today we had the unique chance to get up close and personal with, that's right, you guess it--giraffes and elephants! First of all I must reiterate the term "up close and personal" because I feel like the phrase does not give the experience justice. We were able to feed the giraffes and for those of us brave enough, even balance food on our faces to receive a big, wet, and sloppy might I add, kiss (no worries fellow readers, it turns out that giraffes' mouths are antiseptic). One word--amazing! We were also able to travel to the elephant orphanage and see multiple elephants ranging from 2 months to 4 years old, eat, play, be mischievous and overall crawl into each and every one of our hearts. We also traveled to the Ya-ya marketplace where we were fully enthralled in the Nairobi culture.
I know what you're thinking--are we actually doing any work, or is this all just fun and animals?! Well my friends, rest assured--We were up til 0200 yesterday morning bagging the multiple antibiotics, antifungals, antivirals and any other "anti" pill known to man in dose packages for our medical camp tomorrow (have I mentioned I can spell and dose Biofulvin with my eyes closed because I wrote it on so many bags?). We have researched, studied and became knowledgeable of the diseases and treatments that are native to this population.We are expecting to see, diagnosis and treat an upwards of 500+ men, women, children and babies tomorrow am. In addition to all of the previously listed tasks, we will be conducting research for our organization in order to continue to and further improve our assistance here in Kenya. So take that everyone, we are on mission, and we are ready to rock and roll! Wish us luck as we embark on this amazing (and challenging) opportunity tomorrow am--We are sure it will be nothing short of life altering.
Jena, Jenny and Erica -- Out.
Love you Jena! Super proud of you and what you all are doing in Africa. Hope you are taking lots of pictures :)Stay safe
ReplyDelete